REPLAY. Covid-19: find the full interview with Jean Castex, guest of franceinfo
Find here our entire live #CASTEX
• An excerpt from the interview with Prime Minister Jean Castex on franceinfo this morning, in which he “does not exclude” local re-containments.
• The whole of this same interview, on video.
• Our article on the intervention of Emmanuel Macron, Wednesday at 7:55 pm on France 2 and TF1.
• Asked about the recent attack on a police station in Champigny-sur-Marne as well as the assault on two police officers in Herblay, the Prime Minister promised that his government would be “intractable” and that he would give to the police “the means necessary for their action”.
• Should additional measures be taken to combat the pandemic? “General reconfinement must be avoided, it is possible”, replied Jean Castex, adding that “nothing [devait] be excluded”. However, the chief executive “request” to the French to limit the number of people they receive at their homes.
• “The government asked for a new version” of the StopCovid application “which will be launched on October 22”, added the Prime Minister.
• “The government will announce the decisions it takes for the most vulnerable” Saturday, on the occasion of the National Day of the fight against poverty, announced Jean Castex.
The Prime Minister is questioned about the debate around the extension from 12 to 14 weeks of the legal deadline for resorting to abortion.
The Prime Minister evokes his popularity, lower than that of his predecessor Edouard Philippe.
The Prime Minister mentions aid to the tourism and event sectors.
The Prime Minister evokes the health measures taken locally to fight against the pandemic.
The Prime Minister is now questioned about the Covid-19 pandemic.
Jean Castex says he is in favor of arming municipal police.
The Prime Minister evokes the fight against insecurity, which is one of the “priorities” of the government.
• The fireworks mortar attack on the night from Saturday to Sunday at the Champigny-sur-Marne police station, two days after two plainclothes police officers were wounded, including one seriously, by bullets in Herblay (Val- d’Oise), aroused a stir among the police. SGP police unit called for mobilization today in front of the police services of France.
• Be careful if you take the road. Circus professionals, fairgrounds, coach operators, VTC: several professions are organizing gatherings or snail operations this morning. Each time they denounce their situation in the face of the health crisis.
• Toulouse and Montpellier will go into maximum alert zone tomorrow due to the deterioration of indicators linked to the Covid-19 epidemic, reaching most of the major French cities, the prefectures concerned announced on Sunday.
• One hundred days after his arrival in Matignon, Prime Minister Jean Castex is the exceptional guest of franceinfo this morning at 8:30 am.