Recipes: Know how to make Best and Tasty Tomato Sour-Sweet Chutney at home
We use tomato chutney in our every meal and the taste of our food comes from it. So let’s make delicious tomato chutney today.
Ingredients needed to make Tomato Chutney
- 250 grams ripe red tomatoes (cut into 4 halves)
- 1 large pinch Bengali five-spice (made from a mixture of fenugreek seeds, nigella seeds, cumin, fennel seeds and ajwain)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1/4 tsp red chili powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tbsp mustard oil
Tomato Chutney Recipe
1. Heat mustard oil in a pan on medium heat.
2. When the oil becomes hot, add spices and let it crackle for 10-15 seconds.
3. Then reduce the gas and add grated ginger.
4. Let it cook with mustard oil for 30-35 seconds.
5. Then add tomatoes to it and cover the pan immediately. Cook it for 6-7 minutes. ,
6. Now add 1/3 cup water with sugar in it and then let the water come to a boil.
7. After this add red chili powder and black pepper powder to it.
8. Then cook it on medium gas.
9. Let it cook for about 3-4 minutes. Let the chutney cool down completely. After that serve with snacks or food.